Sunday, October 7, 2012

Candy Cake!

Sometimes as a baker, I see things and know that I need to make them myself. Like NEED to make them. This candy cake has been calling to me for so long, and I finally got the chance (and remembered) to make it! This past week my little stinker of a sister turned 17 (yikes!). She is a total candy queen. When we were growing up if she didn't have candy on her at all times I'd be surprised. Halloween was like a religious holiday. Maybe it's because her birthday is so near it...like me with food and Thanksgiving...hmmm....


Anywho

This cake was SUPER easy to make and a very big hit with the family.

First you make rice crispies and pat into a greased 10" cake pan. You then need to add frosting to the sides and top so the candy will stick. I went candy crazy and used Oreo filling frosting. Then using fun sized kit kats place them around the edge. Use more frosting if it doesn't stick right away. Then pour on your favorite candies to the top. I thought mini M&M's were fun so I used those.

 To finish it off I used a lacrosse ribbon my sister had. The ribbon also helps set the kit-kats. Then you're all set!! Using fun candy colors really helps make the cake look fun =)

the Candy Queen


I also made her a traditional cake and cupcakes


That's supposed to be a lacrosse player...it was freehand...


Pumpkins for fall!


It was fun to bake all day, and it officially started my season of baking =)

No comments:

Post a Comment