Monday, June 18, 2012

Toblerone Shortbread Bars

A blank canvas is something a baker loves. We create epic stacks of cake and decorate it with hues and dots and textures until it's become a real work of art. I love the basics for this reason. Cookies, pie, and bars are my top three, and I've come to realize it's because of the endless possibilities. These Toblerone Bars are the perfect example. The base is as basic as you can make, and then I just put a candy bar on top. The two together make a wonderful duo.



Since it's my mother's 50th birthday week I made these bars in her honor because she is a total Toblerone fiend.

The ingredients:
1 C Unsalted Butter (softened)
2/3 C Sugar
2 1/4 C A.P Flour
Pinch of Salt
1 Large Toblerone Chocolate Bar, coarsely chopped

Preheat your own to 325.

Cream together your butter and sugar and salt. Add your flour slowly.

Since the mixture is a shortbread it will be crumbly.
  
Picture wise, this is as far as I got. My dad hid the rest of the bars from my mom and I because we ate half the pan in two hours. The rest of the pictures are from Teresa at Blooming On Bainbridge, who also made these bars, but added pecans at the end!

Lightly spray a rectangle pan and press mixture down.




Bake until lightly brown, between 30 - 40 minutes. Meanwhile, chop up your Toblerone bar. If half the bar somehow ends up missing because you ate it, it will be ok ;)




Once the bars are done, place chopped chocolate on top while still hot.




Yum.

Add as much as you like!



Put in fridge to set chocolate, or eat while still gooey.






No comments:

Post a Comment